Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 296 Trip to the vet

So the diarrhea fun colors are not so fun after all. I feel tired and I have a tummy ache. Jen took me to the vet.
Not too impressed by this place
The vet said I probably had a virus, because in this same week, 25 other dogs showed up with the same symptoms.
I know this table!
It's the same they have at school and where Jen and her classmates
\palpate, poke and test me!
The vet injected me with antibiotics. Antibiotics are against bacteria, not viruses though. When I asked Jen about this, she said it's to prevent further complications, because the virus is lowering my immune system, therefore I am more susceptible to a secondary bacterial infection. I said I'd risk it.
Jen sighed. She said it's probably a case of 14 days of illness with treatment, or 2 weeks without.

No comments:

Post a Comment