Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 345 New year resolutions

This year started off a bit bad. Jen came back to get me (well that's not the bad part). And I went back to the city with her. And everything I did when I used to be a puppy came back to me. The nervousness around crowds, the inability to focus when other dogs are around, the unsocialized behaviors around other dogs (including growling, bullying and baring teeth), the leash pulling, the everything! I considered it holiday-mode. Jen was disconcerted.

We started a strict regimen. She said she would give me a ton of park hours and a lot of treats, in exchange for good behavior. Oh, and a muzzle.
Made me wear a muzzle! :(
In exchange I had to do my best to gain my good habits back. It wasn't easy, as I had so much pent-up energy, and that the city was quite stressful for me, but I did my best. (mostly I was tired because Jen uses the technique of "a tired dog is a good dog")

On the flipside I got to see Dajan again!
Dajan wagging her tail and butt so much she can barely run!
Luckily, this only lasted a week, and then I became better again. But this was worrying. Jen said my blind person needs to be someone who lives in the city, because I tend to "forget" my city behavior if I don't live there, and won't be able to perform well. The guide dog school said it's worrying indeed, and hope I'll step up my game...
Am I that bad? :(


No comments:

Post a Comment