Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 39 Dream

Here's funny anecdote from today.

I went along with Jen's friends Camille and Margot to the mall where they had icecream. I was a bit tired so I fell asleep under the table. Actually... well I am not quite sure what happened, I'll let Jen tell the story:
The icecream place


I usually attach Mety's leash while I am busy at a restaurant, not that she every tried to leave or anything, but just for the peace of mind. Today I don't really know why I didn't. I guess it's because Mety was so tired and immediately fell asleep at my feet when we sat down.

My friends and I ordered icecream. It had fun shapes (spaghetti carbonara) and we were enjoying eating it.

That's when suddenly, Mety bolted out from under the table and ran in a random direction accross the mall. I ran after her, calling her by her name but she didn't react, she went on running in a straight line (people had to dodge her).
I finally caught up with her, and when I did, I just caught a glimpse of her eyes, she seemed in a haze. But that only lasted a second, because then she perked up and became herself again. She looked confused, but thoroughly happy to see me. She trotted happily back with me to the table, to the astonishment of the crowd around.

I am almost sure she was sleepwalking (sleeprunning?), or something along those lines. When I caught up with her and stopped her, it was as if she woke up from a dream, and was confused as to what had happened and where she was.
Since then, Jen makes sure to tie the leash somewhere :(

That's what Jen told me happened, I don't really remember any of this...
Not that I doubt Jen, but she complains a bit that I make sounds while I sleep. I don't snore, but I groan when I relax (not sure if to call it a groan?). It doesn't bother her at home, but when I sleep when she is in class, she said it sounds like there is a whale. I told her to wake me up when it happens so I can hear, but when I wake up, there are no sounds anymore!

Asleep in another restaurant. Working is tiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment