Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 58 Animal welfare

I sat in my usual spot




Today we had the pigs class again.






We talked about how pigs are reared in intensive farming. They live their whole life in cages. No walks, no toys and no cuddles :(
But I like chewtoys
And I love cuddles :(


That leads to behavior problems, like piglets chewing each other's ears off...
Ooops I also like chewing pig ears, am I also mistreated?

The  laws are changing in 2013 in the E.U. although the teacher was a bit pessimist as to if there would be an actual change, because farmers will be earning less money in order to comply with the new rules.

There is one thing I don't understand at all. Why do humans treat pet animals so differently than the animals they use as food?

Playing with Ellis the border collie in school
I'm happy I am free

No comments:

Post a Comment