Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 109 Cars, poker and sticks

I don't like cars.
In fact, the more time goes, the more I hate them.

And they stink
They woosh past me too fast.
We try to cross the street. A car comes too close. So I try to run away. But Jen is still connected to me (she attaches her leash to my collar, I think she is scared to get lost without me). So Jen let's out a big grumble. She proceeds to explain to me how this is dangerous. Except she explains this while still in the middle of the street! The cars get impatient. Jen shouts back to the cars to be patient. The cars get aggressive. And I get scared.

I wish Jen wasn't French and was more afraid of cars! :(
My ears are always opposite direction to cars
Which brings me to my second problem today: my ears are always telling on me.
Sometimes I pretend to listen to Jen (she talks a lot) but I am actually not really listening and instead I am focusing on a bird that dared land on the sidewalk. Except that... my ears point to what I am thinking! And Jen gets offended! It is so annoying!
Now I understand why most dogs have their ears down. It is so much more discrete! I will never yell at Buddy again to keep his ears up!

Ears down: bored or sleepy
1 ear up: I am half focused... 
2 ears up! I am ready and focused!


2 ears up! I look focused! (but this time my eyes are betraying me!)
In fact, this whole ear pointing and tail wagging is a bit annoying for us. It makes it extremely boring when we play poker, we always know who has what!
Me and my buds, playing poker
Let me also tell you about the German Shepherd complex. We are not alone in this, but we are very prone into falling under this curse. It can be summarized as such: No stick is big enough.

I can't speak my mouth is full!
The stick is not too big...
My mouth is just too small!
I'm pretty sure that's how you get German shepherd pedigree papers: by the size of sticks you carry... That or claiming you are king/queen of the world no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment