Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 95 Majales

Today there was a celebration in the university. It is called "Majales" and it consists of animal shows -mostly horse show, hunting dog skills (with hawks) and other dog activities-, bull riding, concerts, activities and... what I suspect is the reason we went there: food and drinks.


All Jen's friends were there, and together we watched the various dog shows. Some of it looked it, but some looked really impressive. I was enjoying it quite much and I thought it'd be a good idea to go talk to the performers to congratulate them and ask for an autograph. I was gave a few barks, and tried lunging out, but Jen was quite strict and didn't let me. How cruel!
Griffin, Jen and a silly balloon (she's such a kid) me and Marianne
I am ready to pop the balloon for her :)
At one point they asked if people wanted to come into the ring for a beauty contest, and a trick demonstration contest.
We joined in!




All dogs and mommies were in line, and then we all went in a circle in the ring. There were a lot of distractions, but nothing was as distracting as the amazing stick Jen picked up (she picked it up right before we went in, it was a random stick, quite small, quite boring but... she had it so I wanted it). Anyway, I followed her really well, and the second round we even did while running! :)
Then each dog went to meet the judges. Jen whispered to me to be extra cute. Harumpf, that is not possible, I am always super duper extra cute, how can I be just extra cute ;)

After, they announced the winners. First place was me. I wasn't sure what that meant, but Jen was happy. Then they gave me a prize, duck treats!! Yay, now I was also really happy! :)
Jen did this drawing.
She totally exaggerated it: There was no podium
And there was no spaghetti thrown in my direction
PS. The repair shop we went to yesterday didn't do cameras. I am reduced to stealing pictures of the event from other people and making Jen draw for me as you can see...

No comments:

Post a Comment