Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 97 Dajan in Jihlava

Today we went to see Dajan again. I wasn't very happy about it, I don't like how that dog thinks Jen is hers. And I don't like how Jen tells Dajan she's "the best little puppy" because she told me I was!

So this morning we got up early and Jen took me to the park for a long time so I would get tired, and not be able to complain the whole bus ride about seeing Dajan.
This time we went to see her in Jihlava, and to meet Honza, her new dad who can't see.
Here I am giving her the cold shoulder.
Hey, it's better than a growl!
Honza is really nice I like him, but kept my distance from Dajan.

Today there was a competition for guide dogs. They had to go lead their blind person around a neighborhood with cars and people, and perform tasks such as retrieve a fallen wallet, or to stay somewhere alone for a little while. A judge (actually Milan!) was following them to evaluate their performance.

When it was Dajan's turn, we were supposed to leave so as not to disturb Dajan. We didn't know where Dajan's trajectory was, so we just went to sit down on the side. A few moments later it turned out we were exactly where Dajan was supposed to guide. They stopped for her to perform a task, but Dajan spotted us immediately and froze. Milan frowned, looked around and saw us, smiled and instructed us promptly to leave. But we wanted to see :(
There she is, in the distance, with Honza and Milan
After they were done, they came back to meet us.

Jen asked if we could go to a park to let us play off leash. The problem is that no one knew where the park was. So not-able-to-see Honza and not-able-to-talk Jen had to cooperate to figure it out. Honza asked a passerby where the park was, and the person replied in almost solely gestures that Jen understood. Together they were a good team!

 When we got to the park and were released, I sped up onto Dajan. But Dajan took it in stride and we started a game of chase/wrestle/hide-n-seek and hunt each other.
Maybeeeee Dajan is not so bad after all....
Behind us is Ruby, Dajan's roomate and best friend
Her ears are bigger than mine, I offered to help shorten them

Here I teach her to do bad things, like put your paws up on a wall.
Jen was a bit teary eyed and was glad no one was able to see it.
We became friends enough to share water bowl :)
Then our parents went in to eat while we rested. It was hot outside. Jen and Honza were trying to talk, but Jen can't speak the normal language people talk here. Luckily Dajan and I could understand each other, we're not silly like humans and we have one common doggie talk.
She warned me not to listen to Kiwi
She also told me the location of a bone she hid
in the garden, she told me I could have it now
We went back out on the main square. Everyone took their place, ready for the results to be announced. 
Maybe one day I will be among the contestants

We listened to the names of all the doggies, from 15th place to... Dajan in first place!!! I was very happy and I wanted to congratulate her, but Jen did it for me. Dajan was quite contempt to and put her nose in the bag of prizes!
Good job Honza!
Sniff sniff



No comments:

Post a Comment