Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 148 Orchards and goodbye Lily

Today was hot, 38°C! Time to stick my tongue out and pant like mad the whole day!
I drink a million bottles of water an hour

Even the ground is cracked from dryness!

Because it's so hot, Jen decided to leave the fresh apartment and... study outside! I'll never understand her! In her defense we left early, so at the time we left it wasn't so scorching hot yet.


So we got up at 7 and headed out to find a study spot, far from other dogs because of the whole heat thingy (both my heat and the weather's heat!).

Jen likes studying against a wall or barrier of some sort, so I cannot be behind her, and so that when she looks up from her studying, I am always in her field of vision without her having to look all around. Also, the wall (or today the row of bushes) provides her with shade. She also likes being at the top of a hill, so she can easily look down and see me (or potential other dogs and owners approaching), and besides I get tired faster if there is inclination. And last criteria for study spots: there can be trees, but only a few bushes, otherwise I might be behind them and she cannot see me.
Jen's ideal spot, and the yellow is my imaginary perimeter I can walk around.
 On the way to finding such a place, we met Ron, who is usually in Luzanky. He is a male, so Jen peaked between his legs. Drat, he has balls, she said. Ball?! I want a ball! I ran over to him. He did have a ball in his mouth. Jen said he was fortunately interested in that ball more than me. So 10 sec earlier she is unhappy he has balls, but now she says she's happy he's only interested in the ball? Again, I'll never understand her.


Something a bit strange happened though. Ron never leaves his ball unattended, but today, after us playing for a few minutes, he dropped it and came over to smell me. Usually I hate that (the males do it in a rude manner), but today I felt like standing up straight, and lifting my tail.

NOOOOOOOOOOO Jen swooped in, grabbed me and said "young lady, you're coming with me!" Ron didn't do anything, but Jen seemed serious about this, so I went with her. I asked her why this was such a big deal. She said 7 crazy little Meties would be impossible to handle. Well, for this I agree, I don't want any competition from other Meties. But still, what does this have to do with Ron and me lifting up my tail? Jen handed me over her andrology notes, the exam she passed last week, as well as her obstetrics notes. "Here, study this!"
Jen and I studying.
It was hard to study, since the shade was always getting smaller and smaller as the time went by. We eventually were studying in the bush, rather than against it. Then we took a break and walked around. It was some kind of orchard.

Found plums (not ripe yet)
And apricots (ripe and delicious)

And apples (really small/not ripe at all)
And cherries (some were ripe)
 Who cares about food-trees, I like stick-trees!
What do you mean I wouldn't survive a day in the wild?
 It was really hot, and we were low on water, so we walked in to a nearby food-court to have lunch (around 11). We replenished our water and Jen quickly had lunch (still studying).
Where's my food?!
 On the way back, we met Lily and Bamba in the park. It was waaaaay to hot to play. But we are dogs, best friend dogs. We just have to play, it is our duty! So we laid down, and tried to play, the best we could given the heat circumstances...
Bamba is cheating, she doesn't have a black coat, so she is less hot!
Lily told me this is her last day here, and she will go to Israel for the summer. No... I will miss her very much!
Bamba, Lily and me (and Nadav!)
Goodbye Lily!


No comments:

Post a Comment