Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 151 Kiwi walk and ancient species hunt


Kiwi: Excuse me my dear, I must claim this rope
Mety: No no you are mistaken, this is my property
Kiwi: My fair lady, I assure these are my belongings...
Mety: Far would it be my intention to displease you, but look, my paw is on it. Therefore it's mine...
Kiwi: Good point, but my.... oh just freakin give it up already you twat!!


Since we have to avoid dogs on walks, now Jen takes Kiwi too (we only walk with her at night usually). But now the sun comes out really early, so if we go out around 6AM, we usually don't meet too many people.


Kiwi never walks in a straight line
Playing at the park
Why must I k-noze (=heel) when Kiwi is allowed to run ahead?
But Kiwi can't run long distances, she doesn't wear me out at tug of war (she is good at it... but then I pick both the toy and her up, so there isn't much she can do!). In short: I still have energy and I am bored!

I'm bored. Let's go to the park!
Arg you're just changing position!
How boring!
Really? You're getting up! We're going somwhere?




Bamba comes over and we can play a bit.
Well I play and she does her own business. She is a hunting dog. She taught me a bit the ancient art of hunting. She told of this is a very mythical creature she hunts, it is small and often of green color. It does not make any sound, it can fly very fast but can also move quickly on the ground among the grass. She has never seen its babies, they always seem adult size when she sees them. Humans can't handle them, these creatures always fly off from they hands. They don't seem to have any weakness, but the second they are caught, they pretend to be dead, like spies committing suicide not to share secret information.

Bamba, following a trail in the garden.
I asked her the name of this curious species, she came close to my ear and whispered: "The latin name is Tennis ballus, but it is best known under the name of ... ball"

Bamba, practicing the fine art of camouflage
(learned in ball hunting ninja camp)
Oh.
That was a disappointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment