Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 23 Semester start

This has been a long long day!

Jen got us up early, and took me for a long walk in the morning. She said she was hoping to beat morning traffic. We didn't. Anyway, we were on foot, why would she care?
Heavy traffic everywhere
I guess Jen is the type of person who would watch the same movie twice, three times or more.

This is what happened:
We went down the street once, I was completely distracted by everything.
When I started pulling, Jen went back the other way. It still was super interesting, so I got excited again and pressed Jen to go faster. She on the other hand decided to turn back the other way (maybe she had missed something in all the excitement?). So we walked back. And forth. Over and over.

Well let me tell you, I am not the kind of person (I mean dog) who watches movies more than once. I eventually got bored of this. I just peacefully stayed by her side until she was done enjoying herself. She had a good time, in fact she got very happy and praised me a lot.

(OK maaaybe I'd watch these movies a few times. They are about me's, but not as well dressed as me)
Jen didn't see the one in the middle. It's about a guide dog actually, she might like it as she brings up the subject every so often. The little jacket she puts on me when she wants me to be serious also has a little guide dog. I wonder why?

Anyway we got home pretty early still, and Jen left me there. She said she was going to university, and that usually she would be able to take me, but this morning she had a practical in small animal internal diseases. Animals... well animals like me she said.
What was that!? I'm no small animal! For example StinkyRat is! I'm a big dog!! And I can behave!

My head is the size of her body!
I was winning the argument, but she also pointed out it can be infectious for me. She described all sorts of diseases she had learned in pathology... Ugh no thanks, I decided to stay home.

She returned soon after, as it happened the practical was only next week.
So we went to town and did more practice. Jen said she was very happy with me this morning and decided maybe I was ready to take on the busy city.
We went to the bank, the people there were very nice and gave me water. Polite as I am, I didn't keep it all for myself and spread it all over the floor for them to share. Jen did a facepalm (I always knew she had bad eye/hand coordination).
Me being calm at the bank.
Oof, the city is indeed tiring! All we had done was come on empty sundays, by rain or by night. 

So many sounds, so many people, so many... pigeons! 
Jen said I was very good. I did lunge a couple times at evil pigeons, and I did get excited by kids running over to pet me, but all in all I was a bit tired and stayed by her side.

After all this I deserved to see Max! Jen said I looked exhausted, but I really insisted. OK, she said, and called Max's mom. We went to meet him in the usual field.

The second I saw him, I had all my energy back. That and even more! Even Max was surprised and didn't know how to deal with me! Hopefully he was impressed...
Now I AM really am TIRED!

No comments:

Post a Comment