Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 30 Oh no I am healthy!

This morning, Jen went to her "small animals" class, in which they include big animals like me.

She told me that she is learning how to repair broken dogs.

I wouldn't mind except that when she comes back from that class, she is so enthusiastic that she starts doing all sorts of experiments.

Capillary Refill Time: consists of poking gums and seeing
how long it takes for the blood to come back (no joke)
Otoscopy

 She palpated me, looked for lymphnodes and misplaced kidneys (luckily I'm not a male, or she would have searched for hidden testicles too), she pressed my gums to estimate my blood pressure, weighed me (27 kilogs), auscultated me (she asked me to stop breathing for a few seconds because she said she could hear my heart better!!), looked into my ear canal and so on...

Veterinarian's pets have it the worst!
She was a bit disappointed because she couldn't find anything interesting, and sadly declared I was healthy!


In the afternoon she took me to class with her. It was about pigs.
The lecture opened on this quote:
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us.Pigs treat us as equals.

 -- Sir Winston Churchill


Of course we look up! Humans cheat at being taller by standing on two of their legs!
Now I'm in the mood for a pig ear

After class, we went to see Max again. I brought him the biggest stick I could find!
Stick too heavy!!
We both started munching on each end of the stick. I decided to try something I saw in a movie: the dogs are eating spaghetti, and as they eat it it turns out it is the same piece of pasta... and they briefly kiss! Well the only piece of advice I can give is ... don't try with sticks!
Here we are, sharing the stick, me chewing furiously to get  through it!

Finally, the last thing we did this afternoon was go to a cafe to meet some of Jen's friends.
One of them owns a very small dog called Cayla. She is so small, I wonder if StinkyRat would eat her?

No comments:

Post a Comment